Netris SoftGate node is fully automatic. There is no need to interfere its operation, although we don’t hide any configuration. Users are free and welcome to look and review Netris Generated configurations. Otherwise it operates on its own.
Netris SoftGate automatically generates pre-validated configurations touching:
- Ubuntu Linux network interfaces configs.
- FRR – for BGP upstream (eBGP), SoftGate to SoftGate internal link, and SiteMesh (site-to-site VPN) services.
- NFTables – for security, NAT, and Load Balancing in regular SoftGate (non-pro, not DPDK accelerated mode).
- Pro version of SoftGate uses Netris developed packet forwarding engine leveraging DPDK that is responsible for all packet forwarding.
- Wireguard + Netris pathfinder (VPN tunnel performance predictability tool) – for SiteMesh, the site-to-site VPN.
- Various customizations to Linux OS and other open-source components.